You aren't meant to fit the clothes. Clothes are meant to fit you.

"You are not meant to fit the clothes, the clothes are meant to fit YOU. " my friend J said from the dressing room at Aritiza (a clothing store that runs smaller than it should). 

It was in that moment I realized I was conforming myself to fit inanimate objects that have no real meaning to my life because I would throw these clothes, probably unfolded, into the back of my closet by the months end. 

It's such a simple sentence, but it holds so much weight. In the world of 'influencers', butt shots galore, and 'buy your own dimples'-its kind of hard to feel good about yourself sometimes. 



Whether you need to affirmation this onto your mirror or as a reminder in your phone, remember:

 "You aren't meant to fit the clothes. The clothes are meant to fit you." 


DO throw away your diet tea.

DO Stop weighing yourself everyday. 

DO create a balanced healthy lifestyle 

DO stop comparing yourself 

DO stop conforming to fit some unhealthy beauty standard 

DO create your own beauty standards 

DONT stop loving yourself .







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quartined Life w/ Baby SIbling pt 2!! -Kasandra

She's not real! Defusing the illusion.