Improving eating habits during quarantine by Larissa



      In the past months we have been living stressful times and sometimes, to find a way to relive our frustrations and anxiety eating habits have changed. In this post, I want to share a little bit of my personal experience and what I have done to improve things that got somehow out of control during quarantine. Personally, I am a bit anxious and during this pandemic it got harder to have control on some things. I caught myself so many times eating lots of “trash food” or candy not just because I was hungry but frustrated. After some months and some weight gained, I decided that things needed to change.Here are some tips that I found helpful: 


• First thing I did since all the gyms were closed was buy an indoor bike (there are many other activities to do for free or cheaper) but for me it has been soooo good. Our bodiesneed to move! That will help you so much in combination with good eating habits. 
• Cutting some frozen food and sugary foods (trust me, you do not want to know how bad these foods can be for you).
• Make sure to eat vegetables, fruits, whole grain, and lean protein. I know it can be hard to eat healthy but for me, eating vegetables and fruits at least once a day has been working well. 
• Try not to eat or buy snacks that do not have any protein or vitamins (chips, cookies, chocolate).
• Do not hesitate in contact a professional. Changing habits can be harder for some people more than others. If things are overwhelming you might contact a nutritionist or a doctor, they will guide you through this process better than anyone else. 
• Drink lots of water. I know it is a bit “silly” to remind about this, but water is super important for our body, especially if you are doing a diet. 
• Don’t be too hard on yourself! Yes, I tried doing diets in the past that required a lot of attention and honestly, they never worked on long term. Have a day to “treat” yourself, maybe you can have that favorite chocolate (I would suggest dark) at the end of the day. 

 

      Always remember, one day at a time and be positives. Things will get better, go on your own pace, and do not give up on eating healthy. You might won’t see changes right away but I know in the near future you are going to thank yourself for your change. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quartined Life w/ Baby SIbling pt 2!! -Kasandra

Astrology Alert: What's your Black Moon Lilith?

You aren't meant to fit the clothes. Clothes are meant to fit you.