Phan's Kitchen

Hi Everyone!


My name is Phan To and I am a staff member at the Women’s Resource Center. 

Due to COVID-19, everything has been taken online. 

But this will give me the opportunity to share some of my favorite dishes! 


I love to cook and eat at home because cooking allows me to choose what I want that goes into the dish.

I also get to choose the quality of the ingredients, and I can modify it to my taste preference.  

I can also feed my family and friends which I love. For me, cooking is a way for me to de-stress from work.

 

(Chinese fish and vegetables soup)


Ingredient: 8-10 people

  • 3” piece peeled ginger (10 -12 slices)
  • 5 tsp cornstarch
  • 3 Large egg white (optional)
  • 2 cups rice wine (optional)
  • 3 tsp salt
  • 4-5 tsp hold Sichuan peppercorns
  • 2 tsp ground white pepper
  • 3 lbs skinless boneless white fish fillet ( red snapper, flounder, pollock, or cod)
  • 2 cups bean sprouts
  • 10-12 garlic cloves ( chopped garlic into very small pieces)
  • 6 celery stalks (cut into 3” long)
  • 2 hold cucumbers (Cut into 3” long)
  • 1 cup red Chinese chilies, (cut into small pieces and leave few chilies in hold.)
  • 7-8 cups fish stock, chicken broth, or water
  • 3 tsp sesame seeds (optional)
  • 10 tbsp vegetable oil
  • Green onions (cut into 5” long)
  • 2 sprigs cilantro
  • 5-6 oz seafood Mushroom 
  • l

     

    Marinate the fish with cornstarch, egg white, rice wine, salt, and white ground white pepper 

    in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.

     


     

    How to make it: 

    Step 1: Put vegetable oil into the pot, then put Sichuan peppercorn into the pot, stir fry for 1-2 minutes, 

    then take out the peppercorns that are already fried and throw them away.


    Step 2: Put garlic into the oiled pot, stir fry for a minute until golden brown, 

    then put in green onions, gingers, red Chinese chilies. 

     

    Stir fry for another 3-5 minutes, then take the old red Chinese chilies out and save to use later. 

    Continue to stir fry for 2 minutes.

     


    Step 3: Put the fish stock, chicken stock or water into the pot and heat until boiled.

    Step 4: Put celery, cucumbers, seafood mushrooms into the pot and cook on medium heat for 20 minutes.

    Turn off the heat, then put the fish in last for 10 minutes. 

    Don’t cook the fish too long, otherwise it will become tough.

     

     And that’s it! Enjoy!

     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quartined Life w/ Baby SIbling pt 2!! -Kasandra

Astrology Alert: What's your Black Moon Lilith?

You aren't meant to fit the clothes. Clothes are meant to fit you.